Friday, December 29, 2006

Thank you mum!

I used my "Christmas" money from my mum to get a couple of bits I wanted online, and I received them yesterday!

My new Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 is now installed, though it will take me awhile to get used to all the extra features and new layout after using Elements 2.0 for such a long time.

I also got my Bedlam Bards "On the Drift" CD. For those that don't know them, the Bedlam Bards  are an American Folk group who describe their music thusly:

When people ask what kind of music we play, we often say Celtic, but in fact we play "Renfolk Music," that unique blend of Celtic, English, Scandinavian, and American folk music mixed in with period tunes from the Renaissance and Middle Ages that rubs shoulders with the occasional incognito rock song at most Renaissance festivals. And we have a lot of fun playing it.

The album "On the Drift" is a tribute album to the film "Serenity" and the TV series "Firefly" so may not have an immediate appeal to those not in the know but they are still a group well worth discovering if you like your music to have some passion. Their love of the Serenifly 'verse is apparent in their every note and lyric. For hardcore Browncoats the album is a must!

No comments: